HYDROSURGE software for prevention of rupture caused by pressure
Don’t risk anymore to lose control over transient regimes.
Risk factors in penstock operation
The penstock and hydro machine admissible maximum pressure is calculated during the design stage.
Emergency stop testing throughout hydro plant lifetime are usually conducted to check the maximum pressure in service. In the event of an overrun of the admissible threshold, curative maintenance tests are performed to diagnose and to correct the problem.
But these actions are very costly as they imply stop of production.
Moreover, these tests reproduce only a small part of what may happen in operation, and they do not guarantee operating safety.
>to HYDROSURGE features
HYDROSURGE provides a barriers against rupture risks
HYDROSURGE algorithms are based on the field experience gained for many years of tests and monitoring of pressure in penstocks.
- HYDROSURGE solution leads to a deep understanding of any pressure overloads due to the transient phenomenon.
It will be possible to clearly identify any faulty component acting on the hydro transients during the running of the plant.
- HYDROSURGE allows condition-based safety maintenance and decision support by performing early transient faults detection and highlighting faulty component,
- HYDROSURGE brings operating support to set up work around measures to keep the turbine operating after transient faults detection while awaiting curative maintenance.
- HYDROSURGE suggests solutions to correct design aspect of keys components involved in critical transient phenomena in order to eliminate faulty behavior.
HYDROSURGE is a powerful tool enabling to reduce the production stop and maximizing operators bottom lines.
HYDROSURGE software is a continuous and real-time link between pressure measurement and diagnosis
Abnormal internal pressure fluctuation (or transients) represents over 40% of hydropower penstocks safety problems.
HYDROSURGE software uses innovative algorithms to perform signal processing and carry out a real-time hydro diagnosis from each captured transient. Thus allowing the detection of the risks and bringing them under control.To get hydraulic information from pressure measurements, HYDROSURGE software comprises a set of four modules which each deal with specific aspects :
- Pressure transients measurements
back to top