Solutions overview for the monitoring and operational diagnostics in hydropower plants
MOTRHYS combines years of experience in:
- Hydro mechanic measurement in hydro power equipment
- Extensive research in the field of signal processing & ultrasonic pipe flow measurement
Based on this experience, MOTRHYS can provide solutions to analyze and diagnose transient or vibrating mechanical loads experienced by all assets of a hydro-power plant and more specifically penstocks.
a) PENSTOCKS: service delivery
- Temporary pressure monitoring: MOTRHYS organizes a few months of customized monitoring. All hydraulic pressure transients experienced by the penstock are captured and analyzed. An audit report is provided to the owner including advice to ensure the long-term reliability of the operating. See Penstock pressure fluctuations monitoring for more details.
- Post failure diagnosis: MOTRHYS carries out desk-review based on technical documents to look for hydraulic causes which have led to damage hydro-mechanical equipment: assessment of causes & scenarios.
- Assistance in special hydro mechanical testing: MOTRHYS offers support for the organization of in situ diagnostic tests on hydro-mechanical equipment: recommendations on the parameters to survey; types of tests to conduct for diagnosing the cause of a problem encountered in operation.
b) PENSTOCKS: HYDROSURGE software for pressure monitoring
- MOTRHYS provides software for pressure data analysis-oriented real-time and continuous surveillance. This supply includes modules or complete software solutions. See HYDROSURGE for more details.
c) ULTRASONIC FLOW ANALYSIS- service delivery
- MOTRHYS provides flow speed profile determination by means of ultrasonic measurement in non-stationary conditions.